An Inside Look at Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions’ Presence at WEFTEC 2023
The Water Environment Federation’s Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) is a cornerstone gathering for water professionals from around the globe to explore the challenges and opportunities that define this critical field. It’s a platform for leaders to show the next wave of innovation and share their expertise.
The Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions team will have an extensive presence at the 96th Annual WEFTEC, Sept. 30-Oct 4 in Chicago, Illinois, showcasing our innovations and passion for ecological transformation. Visit us at Booth 2012 to learn more about zeeDENSE* and its impact on our customers. We’ll host a happy hour at our booth on Oct. 3rd from 3:30-5:30 p.m. with light refreshments.
This year, we’re highlighting our membrane technology, ZeeWeed*, which is a physical barrier to suspended solids and pathogens and is the key component of our Membrane Bioreactors (MBR). In 1993, we introduced the first ZeeWeed commercial module, ZW145. As we celebrate this 30th anniversary, we’re also demoing how ZeeWeed has evolved with new models and applications.
Veolia is also sponsoring WEF InFLOW, a program that enhances diversity and inclusion in the water workforce. Our Global Fulfillment Operations Executive, Tesfa Haile, will be a panelist as part of the InFLOW program on Oct. 3, 10:30-1 p.m. CT, titled “Journey Through Water.”
Veolia experts will also weigh in on the industry’s most pressing issues through a number of speaking opportunities. Check out the schedule below of our thought leaders and subject matter experts.
- Levent Takmaz presents “Fate of PFAS Through Thermal Processes at Water Resource Recovery Facilities” from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. in Room S502
- Steve Katz moderates the “Design and Implementation of Membrane Bioreactors in Water Recycling” workshop from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. in Room S405
- Steve Katz participates in “The Water Reuse Landscape Through the Eyes of Industry Leaders from 1:30-3 p.m. in Room S505b
- Dave Mason presents “Reviewing Nitrification and Ammonia Oxidation in a Complex and Highly Loaded Food and Beverage WRRF” from 2:30-3 p.m. in Room S403a
- Jeff Peeters moderates, and Zebo Long presents “Sidestream Nitrogen Removal: From Established to NextGen” from 8:30-10 a.m. in Room S501a
- Brian Arntsen is a panelist for “Industrial Water: From Linear to Circular Economy” from 9-9:25 a.m. at the Innovation Theater
- Kristina Gerber moderates “The Future of Data Centers – From Water Users to Water Stewards” from 1:30-3 p.m. in Room S501dJoseph Wolkow presents “DAF Technology for Industrial WWTPs” from 1:30-3 p.m. at Booth 2012
- Sara Theodoulou moderates “Advancements in Anaerobic Treatment of Industrial Wastewater” from 10:30 a.m. -12 p.m. in Room S504c
- Pedro DaCruz and Gabriela Ber will present during the technology spotlight “Exploring UV Disinfection Options: Seeing the Light” from 11:27-11:39 a.m. at Booth 2012
- Niclas Astrand presents “Applying Hydrocyclones for Densification” from 2:30-2:50 p.m. in Room S501a