Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) Solutions
Reduce fresh water intake by recycling up to 98% of your SAGD-produced water
Veolia offers a steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) produced water evaporator system with high on-stream availability that reduces downtime and is robust enough to handle upsets.
Veolia's SAGD patented evaporator technology offers advantages in cost, reliability, and scheduling. By reducing capital spend and addressing environmental goals, Veolia's team has built a vast number of successful SAGD evaporators over the last 15 years.
SAGD Produced Water Evaporator Features
Veolia’s patented produced water evaporators are effective in treating SAGD produced water as well as once-through steam generator (OTSG) blowdown.
- Veolia pioneered a non-seeded approach for its produced water evaporators, thus reducing risk to the operating unit while still creating high quality distillate water
- Evaporation versus warm-lime softening helps customers achieve 98% or more recovery, increasing reuse potential and limiting fresh water consumption
- Robust design allows the evaporator to handle source water upsets
- Maximize on-stream availability, which lowers overall operating costs and capital spend
- Reduces or eliminates the need to draw fresh water from lakes, rivers, or aquifers