Industrial Depth Filter Cartridges
High flow filters protect membranes
Many cartridges claim to be depth filters with superior dirt holding capacity, but true depth filter cartridges retain a wide range of differently sized particles throughout an entire cross section of the filter. Veolia developed a unique one-step manufacturing process that continuously extrudes and thermally bonds pure polypropylene microfibers into a complex, high capacity filter matrix. Precise control maximizes the positive filtration characteristics of graded density, tight micron cutoffs for high efficiency, and maximum void area for high dirt-holding capacity.
ZCore is manufactured using patented Z.Plex* filter technology, and is engineered specifically for high strength filtration. The patented filter matrix of the ZCore provides unmatched performance in seawater applications. The ZCore filter composition incorporates small diameter fibers and an innovative 3-dimensional fiber matrix. The filter matrix maintains structural integrity while greatly increasing the filter’s particle, holding capacity and reducing pressure drop. An additional polypropylene support core enhances strength and temperature resistance. This unique construction allows for excellent removal efficiency, high contaminant capacity, and long life.
Cartridge Filter Features:
- Greater contaminant capacity compared to filters with equivalent removal efficiency (Note: 90% removal efficiency at rating using ASTM F-795 Retention based on Veolia efficiency test protocol)
- High temperature capability
- Melt-bonded exterior ensures no media migration and helps prevent premature surface blinding
- Provides lower total cost of filtration operations
- Product meets criteria for USP Class VI
- High strength polypropylene core
- Resists contaminant unloading even at high differential pressures