Converting Food Waste to Energy
Biowastes include organic food wastes generated from restaurants, supermarkets, commercial facilities, institutions and source separated organic waste collected from residences. The Monsal advanced anaerobic digestion turns biowaste into biogas which can be converted to energy and the remaining solids to a stable fertilizer.
What this means for you:
- Full system approach increases efficiency and reduces energy costs
- Greater than 80% conversion of COD to biogas
- Mixing equipment achieves >90% active volume
- Smart heat exchangers promote steady temperature for better control and increased gas yields
- Pre-treatment technology for slurry processing produces a clean organic fraction, kills harmful bacteria and maximizes organic capture