Anaerobic MBR Technology
Convert concentrated organic wastewater into high quality effluent and produce energy
Organic material in wastewater can be a source of energy when treated anaerobically. The methane rich biogas produced can be used as a renewable, storable source of supplemental energy for the production of heat or power.
Conventional anaerobic digestion technologies have limitations in their ability to provide quality, reliability, and efficiency.
Veolia's AnMBR technology provides improved effluent quality, reliability, and efficiency using Veolia's proven ZeeWeed* 500 reinforced hollow fiber membrane integrated into the AnMBR system.
- Methane rich biogas produced can be used as a renewable, storable, source of supplemental energy for the production of heat or power
- Superior effluent quality and reliability using Veolia’s ZeeWeed 500 membranes
- Modular scalable system design, minimizes onsite construction and is ideal for future expansion
- Retrofit upgrade for existing conventional anaerobic digestion systems
- No biological oxygen required reducing energy costs for operation
- 80% Reduction in the amount of waste biological sludge that will require disposal compared to aerobic solutions
- Higher organic loading rates reduce footprint
- Process is sealed to the external environment so odor, VOC, and greenhouse gas emission control is much more efficient
- Leverages Veolia’s experience and industry leadership in MBR plant design