Effectively remove algae and low-density solids for drinking water treatment
Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) is an excellent solution for clarifying water with high levels of algae and other low-density solids that cannot be removed efficiently by sedimentation.
The AquaDAF* clarifier combines conventional DAF principles with several enhanced components, including a unique effluent collection system. This and other process improvements allow efficient hydraulics within the DAF flotation zone at superior surface loading rates.
- Compact footprint due to high loading rates up to 20 gpm/ft2
- Flexible layout options, customized to any size plant
- Retrofit existing sedimentation basins to increase capacity of existing plants
- Ideal for membrane pretreatment since polymer typically is not required
- Efficient for cold water clarification
- Start-up and shut-down within minutes
- Hydraulic or mechanical sludge removal options
- Clarified turbidity < 1 NTU, and algae removal greater than 90%
- Thickened sludge 2-4%
AquaDAF is a high-rate clarifier utilizing dissolved air flotation for low turbidity surface and algae laden waters. The AquaDAF clarifier's uniquely engineered effluent collection system provides operating rates unequaled by conventional flotation technologies.