LoSALT* neutralizing amines
LoSALT neutralizers are a revolutionary approach to managing pH in refinery overhead systems. Our blended line of neutralizers enables us to offer a range of products from higher salting to lower salting varieties to provide the best product to control pH for your given range of operations. The controllability, low salting potential, and range of customizable options provide the ability to meet neutralizer demand over a wide range of scenarios, all while minimizing the tendency to precipitate corrosive neutralization salts.
SUEZ's LoSALT neutralizing amine programs are designed to:
- Provide neutralization of acidic species in crude unit overhead condensing systems
- reduce the potential of fouling and pitting corrosion caused by salt deposition of traditional neutralizer salts before water dew point
- Provide effective corrosion protection for crude overhead systems before, after and at the water dew point
Predator* opportunity crude processing
Predator is designed to impact the biggest expense item in the refinery - feedstocks. The procurement of crude oil is a complex process that involves 80% of every dollar spent by the typical refinery.
Crude pricing is often impacted by composition. A discount from some standard benchmark normally indicates the crude is undesirable with respect to the products that it can yield or that it contains certain components that can be detrimental to the refining process or the physical plant.
Improperly processed crudes create difficulties with respect to fouling, corrosion or phase separation (desalting). Predator can have a positive impact on the refiner's ability to process these crudes. The Predator program can benefit the refineries in three ways:
- Detecting - SUEZ's wide experience with multiple methods of sensor-driven detection enables the most comprehensive ability to detect corrosion events as they occur during processing.
- Predicting - Our refinery assessment technology, based on computational fluid dynamics provides the capability to match process conditions, crude slates and refinery configurations to proactively utilize an array of monitoring tools to maximize real-time detection of corrosion events.
- Protecting - Predator's patented and proven chemistry provides excellent inhibition and reduced risk.
SUEZ's pHilmPLUS filmers are one of the most important aspects of corrosion inhibition in overhead systems and throughout the refinery process. Our filmers use a proprietary chemical structure to ensure unparalleled chemical stability and range of efficacy. Specifically, our filmers do not foul and have the widest range of pH stability in the industry. Unlike standard 'imidazoline' based filmers, our chemistry is hydrolytically and thermally stable. The benefits of this are that these compounds do not use efficacy, do not precipitate, and have tremendous efficiency from pH2 to pH10. These features ensure that critical process equipment sees more reliability and less maintenance over time.